WOW! So I was nominated for the Liebster award three times in the past couple of weeks, I am seriously overcome with joy! The Liebster award is basically an award fellow bloggers give to newer bloggers in a Q&A form aimed at connecting bloggers in the blogging community and helping people find new blogs they may be interested in, all while letting people know more about you! To be nominated is such a privilege, but to be nominated by three different blogs is just amazing, I can’t put it into words!
I would like to give a huge thank you to the following three blogs who nominated me:
Their blogs are amazing and unique and everyone should go check them out, and if you like what they’re about, be sure to click that subscribe button!
So you are supposed to answer the eleven questions given to you by the person who nominated you, but I am sure you do not want to know 33 different things about me (I’m really not that interesting)! So I have chosen eleven of my favorite questions from the three different blogs who nominated me instead! Here we go:
1.If you could go back to anywhere you’ve visited whilst traveling just one day, where would it be? (from http://undiscovered.guide/)
If I could go back to anywhere I have traveled for just one day I would choose Playa Las Viyudas in Cabo San Lucas, MX. I lived there for six months, and with the language barrier, I had a lot of time to myself and would always end up at this beach. There was a little cove there I called it my mermaid cove, and if you sat in this one specific spot, the waves would crash over you but you wouldn’t get wet, I did a lot of mediation and soul-searching there and it is one of my favorite places in the world.
2. Have you challenged yourself to do anything you wouldn’t have done if you weren’t traveling? (from http://undiscovered.guide/)
I went skydiving with my boyfriend in Cabo and we landed on the beach, it was an incredible experience that I have always talked about doing and probably wouldn’t have done if it weren’t for traveling. How could you pass up skydiving over the Sea of Cortez and landing on the beach? I would also say I have challenged myself to try weird and different foods, I am a huge foodie and anytime I go somewhere new I aim to try the local cuisine. I always say you have to try everything once.
3.Have you picked up any new hobbies? (from http://undiscovered.guide/)
While living in St Croix, USVI I have started doing lot of snorkeling, paddle boarding, and yoga! I have an amazing job where I get to work on the beach and teach tourists how to do water activities, I literally get paid to do my hobbies everyday, it’s not a bad life at all (haha).
4. What do you think is unique or interesting about you as a couple/blogger that other traveling couples/bloggers can be inspired by? (from romanticexplorers.com)
I think what sets me apart from others is that I not only take trips to cool exotic places, I aim to live all over the globe so I tend to write from more of a locals perspective. I lived in Mexico for six months and am now in the Virgin islands (this is just the beginning), so I feel like I can cover more ground and give more recommendations and experience in certain places than someone who would only be at a destination for a few days to weeks. I also write about products and my lifestyle as opposed to strictly travel.
5. How did you meet your partner and what was the first romantic location you visited together? (from romanticexplorers.com)
(So glad I got this question, I love telling our story.) Mike and I met in Las Vegas, during a beauty pageant I was competing in. I was a contestant, he was a VIP guest, and my mom ended up sitting next to him during the competition. Once the pageant was over she introduced me to him and we exchanged contact information. A few months go by and I find myself in LA for a photo shoot, when I remembered that he lived there. We got in touch and went out that night and have literally been inseparable ever since. I quit my job, sold all of my belongings and moved across the country to be with him, about a month after that he did the same, and we moved to Mexico together. We are now onto our second crazy location and have been together a little over a year, it’s an amazing thing when you find someone who shares the same passions and are just as crazy and adventurous as you are.
6. What has been your favorite gifts that you’ve given each other or received? (from romanticexplorers.com)
I would have to say the ‘Crucian hook bracelet’. It is a horse shoe shaped hook bracelet and they are only made in St Croix. If the hook is facing up towards your heart it symbolizes that you have found your true love, if it is facing down it means that you are single. I gave him one with our anniversary engraved in it, and it signifies our journey together and celebrates our life and where we have ended up in just one year.
7. Why did you decide to start blogging and what are your dreams and aspirations for your blog? (from romanticexplorers.com)
I decided to start my blog because when Mike and I were moving around, we encountered tons of problems, havoc, fun, and so much more and I wanted to share our travel stories and give tips and tricks on travel so people could learn from our mistakes. I also started it as sort of a travel diary for myself so I can have all of our memories in one place. My aspirations and goals for my blog are to eventually have it be fully sustainable for me to create an income while I travel so this could cover my wanderlust ambitions. But I also want to inspire others to live this lifestyle, people always talk about it but never do it so I hope that my stories can inspire others to take the jump and start living the life of their dreams.
8. Where are you from? (from sarahccbence.com)
I am from a smallish suburban town north of Houston, Texas called Cypress.
9. What top three cities would you visit in Asia? (from sarahccbence.com)
Well I am actually planning a month long trip to Asia for November 2017 and on my itinerary so far I have; Bali, Indonesia, Cambodia, Tokyo, Japan, Seoul, South Korea (I know that’s more than three, I just can’t narrow it down!) If anyone has recommendations please leave them below.
10. What top three cities would you visit in North America? (from sarahccbence.com)
Well I have been to quite a few places in North America but the top three I have yet to visit would have to be; Portland, Oregon, for the beautiful scenery. Salt Lake City, Utah, for the red rocks of course. And for the third, I would choose to do an Alaskan cruise to see the beautiful scenery, glaciers, and whales!
11. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up, and how does that compare to where you are now? (from sarahccbence.com)
If memory serves me right I wanted to be a doctor, I always used to watch that show ER and was fascinated by it. (hahaha) Little did I know I get a bit squeamish around blood and I am totally not made for the whole 6+ years of school thing. But I couldn’t be happier with where I am at in life, I literally love my life and wouldn’t change it for the world.
Eleven Random Facts About Myself:
- I am the only child
- My favorite candy is SnoCaps
- I love stale popcorn
- Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday
- My favorite movies are Forrest Gump, Titanic, and Splash
- I like to sit in the shower
- I have to wear gloves when I do the dishes because I HATE touching wet food
- My favorite colors are yellow, ocean blue, and pink
- Sunflowers are my favorite flower
- I love to paint
- I used to have hot pink hair & granny hair
My Nominees for the Liebster Award are:
Here are my Eleven Questions to my Nominees:
- Where are you from and where are you now?
- How did you get into blogging and what are you goals and aspirations for your blog?
- What was your favorite city you ever visited and why?
- Where is your next big adventure taking you?
- What is the craziest thing you have ever done while traveling?
- Do you have a travel partner? And if so, how did you meet?
- What is your favorite quote or book?
- At what age did you start traveling?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What did you want to be when you grew up, and how does that compare to where you are now?
- What is your favorite blog post you have written?